The Shed Group (Aust) Pty Ltd
The Shed and Spend Prize
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of the terms of entry. Participation in The Shed and Spend Prize Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
- Entry is open to all residents of New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory and Queensland aged 18 years and older.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The competition commences on 01.07.2019 at 00:01 AEST and closes 31.01.2020 at 23:59 AEDT (“Promotional Period”).
How to Enter
- To receive one (1) entry into the draw, individuals must, during the Promotional Period:
- Visit any participating The Shed Café;
- Spend at least $15.00 (incl. GST) in any one transaction to receive a unique entry code; and
- Visit the competition website (www.theshedcafe.com.au/majorprize) and submit their entry using their unique invoice number code and input all requested details to enter the major prize draw, including their full name, email, address, post code and mobile number.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants may enter the Competition as many times as they like during the Promotional Period, however each unique entry code is valid for one entry only.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant and (if necessary) to disqualify the entrant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The draw will take place at The Shed Group (Aust) Pty Ltd 5/244-254 Horsley Rd, Milperra NSW 2214 on 10.02.2020 at 11:00 AEDT.
- The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified by email and telephone within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published at www.theshedcafe.com.au from 12.02.2020.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw, if for any reason the winner does not redeem the prize by 11.05.2020, then the prize will be forfeited.
- A draw for any prize that is unclaimed, may take place on 11.05.2020 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The Unclaimed Prize Draw Winner will be notified by email and telephone within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published at www.theshedcafe.com.au from 14.09.2020.
- There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner and Three (3) Minor Prize Winners drawn from all entries received, who will win the following:
|Number||Prize Details||AUD Value|
|1 x Major Prize|| Holiday
to Phuket Thailand for 2 adults and 2 children (under the age of
for 9 nights in Deluxe Room;
breakfast, lunch and dinner dining. ||$6,184.00|
|3 x Minor Prize Winners||1 x $1,000 Woolworths Gift Card; 1 x $1,000 Visa gift Card; 1 x $1,000 Myer Gift Card||$3,000.00|
|TOTAL PRIZE VALUE – AUD||$9,184.00|
- The total Prize Pool is valued at $9,184.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Flights are the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner.
- The Major Prize must be taken prior to 31 October 2020, and travel dates must be booked by the Major Prize Winner by no later than 31.08.2020.
- The Major Prize winner’s travelling companion must also be 18 years or older.
- The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion are responsible for all other expenses including spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is not included but is highly recommended. The Promotor recommends travel insurance against loss of deposits through cancellation charges, baggage loss, medical expenses and theft. The Promotor makes no representations or guarantees concerning reimbursements of funds paid by you under any insurance claim. You agree not to hold the Promotor responsible for any decision made by insurers, and/or by any suppliers, or requirements of any overseas country or governmental authority or overseas laws and policies.
- All portions of the prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prize values are in Australian dollars.
- The Major Prize travel must be completed by 31.10.2020, is subject to availability, and is based on two adults and two children under the age of eleven (11). Specified accommodation, restaurants, tours or any other inclusions are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered dependent on availability.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the delivery of the prizes.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Personal information about all prize winners will be shared with the prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize winners.
- If the Major Prize winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid entry requirements, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the winner will have no further claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
- Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those travelling are not changeable without incurring extra fees. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fees incurred as a result of any changes made and these costs will be borne by the Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion.
- The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure. It is the winner’s responsibility to organise transfers and cover associated costs to and from the winner and their travelling companion’s residence and nearest capital city.
- The Major Prize Winner, or their travelling companion, may be required to provide a credit card in order to check-in at the hotel for a security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel prize and any costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the winner.
- It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any necessary visas, vaccinations, passports and any associated costs are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s.
- The winner, and their travelling companion, must be in possession of a valid 5 or 10 year passport, and must have a minimum of 90 days validity remaining on the passport for the duration of the prize holiday.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking of the prize.
- The Promoter is The Shed Group (Aust) Pty Ltd (ACN 611 545 996), of 5/224/254 Horsley Road, Milperra NSW 2214.
- Permit Approvals: ACT: TP 19/03413; NSW: LTPS/19/34932